Infinio Accelerator version 4.0.0 is the latest version, which was released in March 2020. The release notes include all the changes made in this new version, as well as known problems and constraints that apply to this newest version.
This article provides the index of the topics covered in the Release Notes for Infinio Accelerator 4.0.0.
- ESXi Required Patch Levels
- This release of Accelerator supports only 6.0 Update 2 or later releases.
- Changes in this Release:
- Dynamic RAM cache size
- Management console OS updates
- Users can now add a note for the VM types in a Feedback Panel
- Management console is now able to push alerts to vCenters
- Banner added to warn user that I/O filters are not compatible with instant clones on vSphere 6.7
- Updated the support phone number: a 800 number for US customers and a different number for international customers.
- Fixed a rare race condition when I/O filter daemon is shutting down.
- Enhancement: RAM cache will be set to the maximum (1TiB) if more than this amount is requested.
- Enhancement: I/O filter daemon will be able to restart in a few minutes if all worker threads are blocked for some reason.
- Enhancement: Additional information in daemon logs in case of crashing.
- Fixed a performance issue for a large amount of RAM cache.
- Upgraded third-party libraries in the management console.
- Enhancement: Users can now select multiple VMs using shift and mouse click.
- Enhancement: Users will now be warned if they install the I/O filter to a cluster, but do not change cache settings.
- Enhancement: In the support page, ”Latest Bundle Location” is changed to ”Current I/O Filter Installation URL”.
- Enhancement: Minor changes to the way hosts are displayed in the upgrade page.
- Enhancement: UI improvements for showing a large number of VMs.
- Enhancement: Better handling of unusual auto-support failures in the installer.
- Improved the license handling logic in the management console.
- Enhancement: Better messages for I/O filter removal.
- Enhancement: A warning is shown in the top banner if vCenter is not configured.
- Fixed a possible issue about blocked task execution in the management console.
Important Note: Earlier Infinio Accelerator releases (3.x) were distributed with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. As the public support of this version of Linux has ended, your will not be able to upgrade a 3.x management console to 4.0 or to any later releases. If you currently have a running 3.x management console, you must install a new 4.0.0 management console alongside the running 3.x management console. A 4.0.0 management console will be able to talk with previously installed 3.x I/O filters. The same license you used for 3.x will still work with 4.0.0. You can then upgrade the Infinio I/O filters on all clusters with the newly installed 4.0.0 management console. After all clusters are upgraded successfully, you may shutdown and archive the 3.x management console as a backup.
For further details, refer to the attached Accelerator Release Notes 4.0.0 (PDF).