Infinio Accelerator version 4.0.6 is the latest version, which was released in April 2021. The release notes include all the changes made in this new version, as well as known problems and constraints that apply to this newest version.
This article provides the index of the topics covered in the Release Notes for Infinio Accelerator from 4.0.0 to 4.0.6.
- Changes in 4.0.6 (Apr 27, 2021):
- The user is now able to regenerate a new self-signed certificate on the Settings page.
- When the SSD cache initialization is in progress, a percentage will now show up in the Cache Adjustment page.
- When the RAM cache is resized, the dialog will show smooth progress (instead of staying at 10%) when the I/O filter is allocating or de-allocating RAM.
- Fixed a UI issue where the close button of some dialogs is not responsive in certain situations.
- The UI performance in the case of many running tasks was greatly improved.
- In the History page, the VMs without data are now sorted in the alphabetic order by default.
- Changes in 4.0.5 (Mar 25, 2021):
- A new I/O filter is included in this release.
- This I/O filter was built with VAIODK 6.5, so it will not run on vSphere 6.0.
- Fixed an issue that the I/O filter daemon crashes when it is uninstalled in the middle of cache-resizing.
- Removed a number of unused dependencies to reduce the size of the I/O filter binary.
- A number of minor improvements.
- Updated management console dependencies; in particular, the H2 database is upgraded from 1.4.196 to the latest stable version 1.4.199.
- A new I/O filter is included in this release.
- Changes in 4.0.4 (Dec 22, 2020):
- Bug fix: for 4.0.0 to 4.0.3 builds, the installer fails to set a static IP address for the management console under certain circumstances. This issue happens only when a static IP address is specified and no DHCP server is running in the sub-network at the time of the installation.
- Changes in 4.0.3 (Sep 30, 2020):
- Bug fix: the error indicators in the "Storage policies" button and "VMs" button do not appear immediately on error.
- Fixed two issues in the cluster compatibility dialog for automatic cache sizing.
- The /var volume in the management console VM can now be extended automatically if its VMDK is expanded.
- The feature was available in Accelerator 3.x.x but missing in Accelerator 4.0.0-4.0.2.
- Changes in 4.0.2 (Sep 21, 2020):
- Bug fix: the error message "I/O filter requires cache size adjustment" still shows after the management console has changed the cache sizing mode of a cluster to dynamic.
- Changes in 4.0.1 (May 11, 2020):
- Bug fix: datastores in the maintenance mode will no longer show up in the installer.
- Upgraded Tomcat to 8.5.50.
- Changes in 4.0.0 (Dec 03, 2019):
- Dynamic RAM cache size
- Management console OS updates
- Users can now add a note for the VM types in a Feedback Panel
- Management console is now able to push alerts to vCenters
- Banner added to warn user that I/O filters are not compatible with instant clones on vSphere 6.7
- Updated the support phone number: a 800 number for US customers and a different number for international customers.
- Fixed a rare race condition when I/O filter daemon is shutting down.
- Enhancement: RAM cache will be set to the maximum (1TiB) if more than this amount is requested.
- Enhancement: I/O filter daemon will be able to restart in a few minutes if all worker threads are blocked for some reason.
- Enhancement: Additional information in daemon logs in case of crashing.
- Fixed a performance issue for a large amount of RAM cache.
- Upgraded third-party libraries in the management console.
- Enhancement: Users can now select multiple VMs using shift and mouse click.
- Enhancement: Users will now be warned if they install the I/O filter to a cluster, but do not change cache settings.
- Enhancement: In the support page, ”Latest Bundle Location” is changed to ”Current I/O Filter Installation URL”.
- Enhancement: Minor changes to the way hosts are displayed in the upgrade page.
- Enhancement: UI improvements for showing a large number of VMs.
- Enhancement: Better handling of unusual auto-support failures in the installer.
- Improved the license handling logic in the management console.
- Enhancement: Better messages for I/O filter removal.
- Enhancement: A warning is shown in the top banner if vCenter is not configured.
- Fixed a possible issue about blocked task execution in the management console.
ESXi Required Patch Levels
- This release of Accelerator supports only vSphere 6.5 and vSphere 6.7.
Important Note: Earlier Infinio Accelerator releases (3.x) were distributed with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. As the public support of this version of Linux has ended, your will not be able to upgrade a 3.x management console to 4.0 or to any later releases. If you currently have a running 3.x management console, you must install a new 4.0 management console alongside the running 3.x management console. A 4.0 management console will be able to talk with previously installed 3.x I/O filters. The same license you used for 3.x will still work with 4.0. You can then upgrade the Infinio I/O filters on all clusters with the newly installed 4.0 management console. After all clusters are upgraded successfully, you may shutdown and archive the 3.x management console as a backup.
For further details, refer to the attached Accelerator Release Notes 4.0.6 (PDF).